Assistant Store Manager: Sussex Inlet
About Ocean & Earth:
Trusted by surfers since 79, Ocean & Earth produce the world's largest range of innovative surf accessories to inspire SURF TRAVEL STOKE.
Independently owned and run by surfers for surfers, we live and breathe all things surf.
We are committed to keep our Ocean and Earth protected and pumping for generations to come.
About the role:
Ocean & Earth is looking for an experienced and highly motivated full-time Assistant Retail Manager to assist managing our Sussex Inlet store.
- Manage retail store and retail team
- Responsible for delivering best-in-class customer service and driving sales
- Provide training and support for the retail team
- Assist Retail Manager with key functions including inventory management, visual merchandising and retail operations
- Embody the O&E ethos of SURF STOKE TRAVEL
For this exciting role it is preferred that you have;
Essential Skills / Attributes:
- 3 years management experience in a busy, retail environment
- Surf Retail experience would be an advantage though training will be provided for the correct candidate
- Experience maintaining merchandising standards to maximize sales
- Excellent customer service skills;
- A genuine sales approach, with proven sales record
- Able to manage a high traffic of customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Team player who leads by example
- Must be able to perform basic retail math
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Must be able to perform all retail floor functions including standing for extended periods, climb ladders, stocking and retrieving merchandise and unloading shipments
- Passion for surfing and the ocean
You are excited by the opportunity to step into a management role and are looking for a new challenge. You will have demonstrated experience in retail and pride yourself in providing exceptional customer service.
Applicants must be available to work a roster that may include weekend and/or public holidays.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV to the email address below:
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Whilst we would love the chance to speak to every applicant, unfortunately that's not always possible. If you have been selected for an interview you will hear back from us within 3 weeks.